Job Title: Graduate Assistant
Department: Institutional Effectiveness
Reports to: Associate Vice President for Strategy Research
Approved by HR: September 9, 2023
SUMMARY: This position supports the Office of Institutional Effectiveness (OIE) to contribute to advancing St. Mary’s mission while gaining experience working on projects across various disciplines. The graduate assistant will gain insights by collaborating with other offices, departments, and University stakeholders while researching projects, maintaining datasets, and contributing to special projects.
JOB DETAILS: The position begins in Fall 2023, with possible renewal for subsequent semesters. Working hours are approximately 15-20 hrs. per week, Monday through Friday, during standard business hours (8:00 am to 5:00 pm); some flexibility is required for special projects. Position pays $18.00 hr.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops surveys and assists with data collection and analysis.
- Performs general duties related to day-to-day operations including data entry and records management, on campus errands, as well as special projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Enrolled in a graduate or doctoral degree program.
- Experience with data collection and analysis preferred but not essential
- Must be in good academic and student conduct standing.
- Must be conscientious, prompt and have respect for the confidential nature of the office.
- Must have knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) willing to learn and use additional programs.
- Excellent customer service skills including flexibility.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills are necessary.
- Strong organizational, critical thinking and problem-solving skills, and detail oriented.
- Professional demeanor, appearance, and strong work ethic.
- Ability to take initiative, work independently, meet timelines, organize information, and attend to details
- Must be able to move across the university campus to conduct day to day business.
- While performing this role, the employee will be regularly required to sit, walk, and stand; talk and hear, both in person and by telephone; and use hands repetitively to operate standard office equipment; and occasionally required to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Frequently communicates with others using approved technological resources; must be able to exchange accurate information through designated systems within a timely manner.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
St. Mary’s University is a Hispanic-Serving Institution and an Equal Opportunity Employer. The University is committed to furthering diversity, equity, and inclusion and encourages all qualified candidates apply.