SUMMARY: This position provides support to the Assistant Dean for Students, Alumni and Career Strategy in an effort to contribute to the advancement of our mission and strategic plan and will gain experience working on projects across a variety of disciplines and will gain insights by collaborating with other offices, departments, and University stakeholders.
JOB DETAILS: Position begins Summer 2023, with possible renewal for Fall 2023 semester. Approximately 15-20 hrs. per week, Monday through Friday, during standard business hours (8:00 am to 5:00 pm). Position pays $12.00 hr. Interested applicants should send any questions to Priscilla Dethmann at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Conducts research and prepare summaries on practices for using qualitative data to inform decision-making.
· Develops instruments for data collection to include surveys and focus groups; Assists with data collection and analysis.
· Creates and maintains a centralized clearinghouse of student professional development, experiential learning and educational funding opportunities.
· Assists with the development and maintenance of a student resource portal
· Assists with building and engaging an alumni network.
· Assists with the development and execution of engagement opportunities.
· Performs general duties related to day-to-day operations including data entry and records management, on campus errands, as well as special projects.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Must have a baccalaureate degree and enrolled as a full-time graduate student.
· Previous work experience in qualitative data collection and analysis is preferred.
· Must be conscientious, prompt and have respect for the confidential nature of the office.
· Must have knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); knowledge of statistical programs and willingness to learn is highly desirable.
· Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills are necessary.
· Strong organizational, critical thinking and problem-solving skills, and detail oriented.
· Professional demeanor, appearance and strong work ethic.
· Excellent customer service skills including flexibility.
· ability to take initiative, work independently, meet timelines, organize information, and attend to details
· Working conditions include a combination of working in the office and remotely as needed.
· Must be able to move across the university campus to conduct day to day business.
· While performing this role, the employee will be regularly required to sit, walk, and stand; talk and hear, both in person and by telephone; and use hands repetitively to operate standard office equipment; and occasionally required to lift up to 25 pounds.
· Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
· Frequently communicates with others using approved technological resources; must be able to exchange accurate information through designated systems within a timely manner.
· Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.