SUMMARY: This position provides support to the Associate Dean for Faculty/Staff Affairs, Curriculum and Scholarship in an effort to contribute to the advancement of the Greehey School of Business mission and strategic plan and will gain experience working on projects across a variety of disciplines and will gain insights by collaborating with other offices, departments, and University stakeholders.
JOB DETAILS: Position begins Fall 2022, with possible renewal for Spring 2023 semester. Approximately 15-20 hrs. per week, Monday through Friday, during standard business hours (8:00 am to 5:00 pm), some flexibility required for special projects. Position pays $12.00 hr.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conducts research and prepares summaries on various directed topics to inform decision-making.
- Develops surveys and assists with data collection and analysis.
- Assists with maintaining a list of GSB service activities.
- Assists with the development of a wellness plan for faculty and staff.
- Assists with the management of Digital Measures software.
- Assists with maintenance of policies ensuring they are up-to-date.
· Performs general duties related to day-to-day operations including data entry and records management, on campus errands, as well as special projects.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Enrolled in a degree program at St. Mary’s University for Spring 2022.
· Experience with data collection and analysis preferred
· Must be conscientious, prompt and have respect for the confidential nature of the office.
· Must have knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); ability to use statistical programs, and willing to learn and use additional programs.
· Must have ability to work flexible hours as needed
· Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills are necessary.
· Strong organizational, critical thinking and problem-solving skills, and detail oriented.
· Professional demeanor, appearance and strong work ethic.
- ability to take initiative, work independently, meet timelines, organize information, and attend to details
- Strong and collegial interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate effectively in person, writing and by phone
· Working conditions include a combination of working in the office and remotely as needed.
· Must be able to move across the university campus to conduct day to day business.
· While performing this role, the employee will be regularly required to sit, walk, and stand; talk and hear, both in person and by telephone; and use hands repetitively to operate standard office equipment; and occasionally required to lift up to 25 pounds.
· Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
· Frequently communicates with others using approved technological resources; must be able to exchange accurate information through designated systems within a timely manner.
· Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.