We’re determined to make a difference and are proud to be an insurance company that goes well beyond coverages and policies. Working here means having every opportunity to achieve your goals – and to help others accomplish theirs, too. Join our team as we help shape the future.
The Hartford is seeking a Commercial Auto Claims Representative. Under general supervision, this position is responsible for obtaining and maintaining essential information in order to handle Commercial Auto claims. Claims is a fast-paced, high-production, high-volume environment that focuses heavily on customer service and accuracy. Under general supervision, this position is responsible for obtaining and maintaining essential information in order to handle Commercial Auto claims. Claims is a fast-paced, high-production, high-volume environment that focuses heavily on customer service and accuracy. This role is located in the San Antonio, TX office.
- Handling of claims which includes initial file intake, review coverage for accurate application based on policy interpretation, execute accurate and timely payments, investigate mitigation opportunities on the file including subrogation, manage file to timely resolution, and complete all data integrity components.
- Investigating Commercial Auto claims to determine liability exposures and subrogation.
- Successful handling of property damages to include estimates, rental, and total losses of vehicles.
- Managing claim deadlines and developing jurisdictional expertise.
- Handling first and third-party claim files in a manner consistent with claim quality standards and goals.
- Accurate reserve analysis for loss, to include excess exposure recognition.
- Strong customer service and teamwork, answering claim calls in a prompt and professional manner, while backing up other team member calls.
- Taking ownership of all calls to resolution.
- Participation in phone queue to drive customer satisfaction.
- Bachelor’s Degree – May 2023 or December 2023
- Demonstrated capacity to multi-task in a structured work environment.
- Ability to utilize multiple systems to handle/process claims with strong keyboarding skills.
- Problem solving and critical thinking skills are a must.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent telephone and interpersonal skills with a focus on the customer.
- Strong time management, organization, and attention to detail.
- Proficient in OneNote, Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Ability to breakdown explanations of complex process and rules into manageable information.
- Must have a winning mindset that is focused on continuous improvement, teamwork, and delivering fast, quality service for our customers.
- Excellent oral and written communication.
Start date: 1/22/24
- This role will have a Hybrid work arrangement, with the expectation of working in the San Antonio, Texas office 3 days a week (Tuesday through Thursday).
- As a condition of your employment, you must obtain and maintain a State Adjuster’s License to process Property & Casualty Insurance Claims in the states supported by your office. Continued employment with The Hartford is contingent upon the successful passage of the Licensing exam(s) within 30 business days from the completion of the licensing training.
- As a condition of employment, you will be required to successfully complete a multi-week New Hire Training Course and, upon completion, obtain a passing score on the final course assessment. Continued employment with The Hartford is contingent upon you successfully passing the exam(s) within 30 business days from the completion of the New Hire Training.
- For full-time, occasional, part-time, or remote positions: (1) high speed broadband internet service is required, we do not recommend or support DSL, wireless, Mifi, Hotspots, Fiber without a modem and Satellite; (2) Internet provider supplied modem/router/gateway is hardwired to the Hartford issued computer with an ethernet cable; and (3) minimum upload/download speeds of 5Mbps/30Mbps will be required. To confirm whether your Internet system has sufficient speeds, please visit http://www.speedtest.net from your personal computer.