As an international tax intern at Moore Doeren Mayhew (MDM), you will go through a hands-on training program during the first two weeks of the internship in which you will learn how to utilize tax software programs, develop an understanding of tax procedures and work closely with seasoned tax professionals including shareholders. Your responsibilities and experiences will be similar to those of our first-year tax associates and is a great way to see firsthand how rewarding a public accounting career can be.
- Work with a variety of Shareholders, Managers, Associates and other interns on an array of tax returns
- Assist with the preparation of foreign disclosures and corporate returns for inbound and outbound companies
- Assist with individual tax returns and foreign disclosures for cross border employees
- Conduct research and ongoing collaboration with the international tax team members
- Work on a variety of industries and a wide range of projects outside of standard tax preparation
Interns can expect to work in the office between 40-55 hours a week, including Saturdays.
- Pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Accounting
- Completion of at least one intermediate accounting course by winter 2024 preferred
- 3.0 GPA (cumulative and in accounting major)
- Ability to take off winter semester classes (January through mid-April) and work 40+ hours per week is preferred (open to part-time internships depending on office location and service group)
- Work experience preferred (related or unrelated to accounting)
- Strong drive and motivation to pursue a career in public accounting
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to take initiative via work experience and/or extracurricular activities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven time management skills and ability to manage multiple responsibilities
- High degree of curiosity, willingness to learn, and enthusiasm
Doeren Mayhew is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or any other status protected by law.