the heart and soul of fulfilling our enduring purpose to help members prevent, prepare for and recover from life’s uncertainties, and we’re proud of the culture we create together. As we commit to progress over perfection, we recognize that every day is an opportunity to be innovative and adaptable. At CSAA IG, we hire good people for a brighter tomorrow. Join us and support CSAA Insurance Group, a AAA Insurer, in achieving our goals.
Internship Summary: We are actively hiring for an Innovation Intern! This summer, we are looking for motivated individuals looking to begin a career in our Strategy & Innovation department to support our Innovation team. The charter of the S&I division is to develop innovative new solutions and uncover new markets – to help diversify the company’s business and contribute to sustainable growth.
CSAA Internship Program: As an intern, you will participate in an 11-week summer internship experience with an emphasis on hands-on learning and real-world immersion into our business. Our interns participate in professional development and job-specific training with plenty of networking opportunities to gain deep understanding of their role and department while also broadening their knowledge of CSAA’s business. We offer an Intern Hackathon, executive meet and greets, community service opportunities, and social bonding activities to help you stay connected.
Internship Details: The anticipated dates of our 2024 summer internship will be May 20-August 2. This role is remote. The anticipated hourly rate for this role is $22.50.
- Identify emerging trends, potential opportunities, and their value proposition in respective markets
- Research key topics that affect our business, how we innovate, and compile insights into written summaries for internal & external distribution
- Use generative AI technology and traditional methods to perform market research to understand the competitive landscape of the emerging technology landscape. (Analyze market trends and identify disruptive players)
- Collect and analyze data and present findings to stakeholders. Possibly conduct quantitative and qualitative analysis to form insights.
- Identify potential partners and business contacts
- Articulate your ideas and insights to stakeholders through effective written and oral communication
- Pitch your innovative solutions to executive-level stakeholders
- Support in-flight and planned innovation projects for successful launch
- Develop an understanding of property & casualty insurance and the broader business environment
- Perform data entry and other duties as needed
- Invest in your professional development
- Current undergraduate or graduate, ideally graduating in December 2024 or May 2025
- Pursuing a degree in a major such as Innovation, Design Thinking, Entrepreneurship, Business, or related analytical fields
- Previous academic or professional experience involving market research, quantitative analysis, or management consulting a plus
- Experience using Generative AI and effective prompt engineering a plus
- Proven ability to research, think critically, analyze effectively, and communicate confidently. Advanced familiarity with PowerPoint & Excel a plus
- Strong analytical mind with the ability to interpret and translate data & research insights into creative business recommendations
- Ability to take initiative and solve problems in an ambiguous and fast paced environment
- Enthusiastic to learn about previously unfamiliar topics and present findings through various mediums
- Self-motivated and results oriented professional with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively in a cross-functional, remote team setting
- Has the ability to influence and effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Interest in learning more about the insurance industry, innovation trends, and/or disruptive technologies
- Prior academic or professional experience with prompt engineering or generative AI technology appreciated
- Demonstrates diplomacy, maturity, empathy, and intellectual curiosity
- Extracurricular accomplishments successfully balanced with strong academic performance with GPA of 3.0+
- Must have authorization to work indefinitely in the US
CSAA IG Careers
As part of our values, we are committed to supporting inclusion and diversity at CSAA IG. We actively celebrate colleagues’ different abilities, sexual orientation, ethnicity, and gender. Everyone is welcome and supported in their development at all stages in their journey with us.
We are always recruiting, retaining, and promoting a diverse mix of colleagues who are representative of the diversity in the U.S. workforce. This diversity gives us a great opportunity to have access to a broad range of ideas and allows us to give you the wide mix of products you know and expect from CSAA.
At CSAA IG, we’re proudly devoted to protecting our customers, our employees, our communities, and the world at large. We are on a climate journey to continue to do better for our people, our business, and our planet. Taking bold action and leading by example. We are citizens for a changing world, and we continually change to meet it.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we’ll let you in on a secret: there’s no such thing as a ‘perfect’ candidate. CSAA IG is a place where everyone can grow. So however, you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day. Join us if you…
BELIEVE in a mission focused on building a community of service, rooted in inclusion and belonging.
COMMITT to being there for our customers and employees.
CREATE a sense of purpose that serves the greater good through innovation.