Comal County Habitat for Humanity is a nonprofit organization that works with the community to provide everyone a decent place to live. As an Accounting Inter, you will work alongside the Accounting Department to keep all of our financial processes in order.
Duties and tasks the intern will be responsible for:
- Assist with Accounts Payable and Receivables
- Run office errands when needed
- Answering incoming calls
- Greeting incoming visitors
- Assist with month end closing reports and preparation of financial statements
- Entering deposits, basic accounting data entry and filing
- Convey a professional and positive image of Comal County Habitat for Humanity through knowledge of our mission, core values, adherence to safety, and personal attitude
- Other duties assigned as needed
- Degree or current enrollment in graduate or undergraduate in accounting or business
- Attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Basic Knowledge of Office duties
- Driver’s license and transportation
- Must be comfortable passing a Background Check and a Drug Test
- Minimum of at least 4 hours per week
- Must be able to work on Friday until 5:00 PM
- Internships can provide school credit, Interns can have growth within the Affiliate to a paid internship after probation period ends and the position is open. Interns may apply for open job positions within the Affiliate.
This position is unpaid, but the experience you will gain is priceless.