CHS has an exciting opportunity in our Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) group for a Supply Chain Planning Intern. This role will play a critical role in using data analytics to develop advanced demand, inventory and supply planning models, tools and processes that enable us to optimize our supply chain. The individual in this role will be expected to provide data driven, actionable insights and recommendations. You must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and be detail oriented. This internship is for Summer 2024 and will work a hybrid schedule.
- Support the development of capacity models, master schedules, and inventory outlooks including providing analysis on risks, losses, and progress towards established S&OP plans.
- Develop advanced data analytics and scenario model tools to support supply chain optimization discussions and forward planning decisions.
- Support the development of supply chain planning KPI’s including publishing progress on a weekly, monthly, and as required basis.
- Participate in Lean continuous improvement efforts. Analyze data to identify problematic areas and suggest improvements.
- Provide visualization tools to provide clear and concise insights to business partners.
- Support the development of Integrated Business Planning (IBP) system implementation.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, Data Analytics, Agricultural Science, Logistics, Engineering, or related STEM programs or recently graduated.
- Proficient with MS Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Strong interest in Agriculture
- Strong analytical skills both technical and business
- Ability to effectively communicate analytical concepts and findings to business stakeholders
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently
- Self-motivated with the ability to function in a team-oriented environment
- Experience with Data visualization tools – e.g. Power BI
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.