CHS has an exciting opportunity for a Summer Digital Communications Intern in our communications department. This role will support digital channels and communication efforts across CHS. The purpose of the internship is to provide meaningful, professional hands-on experience to a student with proven academic performance and leadership potential. This internship will provide a diverse experience in digital channels and communications as part of the nation’s largest cooperative.
This intern will serve as a valued member of the digital team, supporting corporate marketing and communications teams. The digital team is responsible for managing, enhancing and supporting over twenty websites and a variety of digital tools. The individual must be driven, eager to learn, inquisitive and able to handle multiple projects.
The intern will:
- Lead or participate in a variety of projects which may include:
- Create and maintain a fresh digital presence across the enterprise that drives user engagement
- Learn how to use an enterprise content management system (CMS) to update website content
- Leverage creative layout and design tools to build and maintain websites
- Learn and practice digital accessibility guidelines for web
- Learn about website best practices, digital strategy and project management
- Experience an agile website development process
- Identify and participate in process improvement opportunities
- Partner with members of the broader Marketing and Communications teams
- Connect with CHS Marketing and Communications leadership
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- Current student pursuing a bachelor’s degree
- Understanding and interest in digital channels
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic and fast-paced corporate environment
- Background or interest in agriculture
- Prior related internship experience
- Experience with content management tools
- Photo resizing and cropping experience
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.