Early Career Campus FAQs
- How large is the company? Number of employees/locations?
- Our annual revenue will exceed $4 billion (U.S.) in 2022
- We have a global footprint with 55 facilities located in 13 countries on six continents (North America, South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and Africa)
- Our total employment is approaching 7,000 employees worldwide
- StandardAero is the largest independent Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MRO) provider in the world
- What does the future of StandardAero look like over the next 3-5 years? (growth, industry exposure, new initiatives?)
- Just in the past decade…
…we have nearly quadrupled our annual revenue
…more than doubled our number of employees
…completed 12 new acquisitions
…grown our sites from 19 to 55 locations worldwide
…and doubled the total number of engine platforms that we
service for our customers.
- We are continuing to grow rapidly through both strategic acquisitions, new programs and organically.
- The rate and pace of change for our company is unprecedented. And, this year, we are seeing the recovery take hold and we are currently exceeding our financial goals for the year. We anticipate continued strong growth for our industry and for our company in the years ahead.
- Our biggest current challenge is growing our workforce to meet the volumes we see for the future.
- We are striving to retain and attract the best people, with the most experience to provide the best service, quality and reputation in the industry — so we can continue to set the standards by which all others are measured.
- We are the one of the largest and the greatest MRO companies in the world because of our employees.
- What new technology is StandardAero exploring/investing in? (Growing interest in exploring electric powered aircraft & alternative fuel)
- StandardAero has elevated the MRO process to a true art form through more than 40 years of engineering innovation. Achieving industry-best reliability is the result of a wide range of engineering and technical services and capabilities that are available to customers who want the same standards and results in their organizations.
- Our engineering services include: Reliability Centered Maintenance Solutions, Optimized Maintenance Solutions, Custom Design/Build Solutions, Test Stand Sustainment and Integration, Publications Management Services, MRO Support Equipment Requirements, Advanced Training systems and job aids and Fleet Management Tools to name a few
- An alternative to Federal Aviation Association (FAA) direct certification services StandardAero has been granted an FAA Organization Designation Authorization (ODA) allowing us to perform certification work on aircraft that are not in our hangars as well as for customers in approved facilities anywhere around the world.
- We are constantly partnering with industry associations, OEMS, customers and suppliers to stay on top of the latest aviation developments, including Unmanned Aerial Vehicles, Electric and Electric/Hybrid Propulsion, Sustainable Aviation Fuels and our overall infrastructure for the future of aviation.
- Does StandardAero have any current environmental/sustainability initiatives?
- StandardAero has a long history of promoting and providing environmental protection as part of its operations around the world. In fact, over the last 40 years, we have through our facility redesign and optimizations, reduced water consumption by over one billion gallons and significantly reduced hazardous waste generation.
- Our GreenERmroTM initiative, launched in 2021, is a multi-faceted and multi-year approach to drive sustainability and reduce impact by design. Initial areas of improvement included, energy reduction methods that included the modification of usage, LED and use control systems, optimized compressed air systems/pressure reductions, process tank heating controls, etc. In 2022, StandardAero expanded the GreenERmro areas of focus to include operations (energy, emissions, waste), engine testing (testing efficiency, Sustainable Aviation Fuels), green procurement (materials purchased and dispositioned) supporting the production life cycle, logistics (low and/or zero carbon transit) and ultimately, the products and services we provide. Expected benefits include reductions in resource use, waste, energy and carbon emissions.
- Our Carbon reduction goals of 45% net zero by the year 2030 and zero carbon level by the year 2050 is part of our enhanced commitment to the world we serve. The actions we will take to reduce our carbon footprint will be associated with our production life cycle. This includes the resources and services required for production (e.g. materials/consumables, logistics, etc.), operational efficiency (e.g. facility rationalization and optimization, process improvements, etc.), and reduced/zero carbon logistics within operations and product shipments to our customers.
- In the future, we plan to pursue further measures that include the decarbonisation of our electricity usage starting in Europe, Asia and the United States. This will include the implementation of solar power generation systems, battery energy storage systems, power purchasing agreements, carbon sequestration and/or carbon offsetting initiatives.
- We view environmental sustainability as key to our business success. Our experience has been one of a symbiotic and generative relationship within our company. From my perspective, there has not been a tradeoff. What has been good for the environment has been good for business.
- Building and maintaining relationships within our value chain including customers and suppliers is important to our success in reducing carbon emissions throughout the production life cycle. Resources used specifically in the energy and logistic spaces are primary contributors of our carbon footprint. Decarbonization in these key scopes of our emissions will be key to our success as we progress towards our net zero 2050 goal.
- While we are relatively early in our decarbonization journey, our approach at this time will consist first and foremost of performance through our GreenERmro efforts. At StandardAero, we prefer to lead by example. We will further our relationships within the aerospace industry network, customers, suppliers, and authorities to assess sustainable aviation fuel use, engine fuel performance enhancements, and our areas of our business were we can drive sustainability through the products and services we provide.
- Does StandardAero have a commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion?
- Our individual differences are what makes StandardAero such a special company and our commitment to diversity and inclusion is essential for our success now and in the future. While our overall diversity is broad across our global locations, we will always continue to strive to be the best we can be.
- At StandardAero, our employees are our source of pride. That pride comes from a team of people with diverse perspectives, knowledge bases, interests and cultural identities. Diverse and inclusive teams just make all of us better, always seeking out new ways to be exceptional.
- StandardAero is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce. Our employees and our business succeed when we get this right. We ensure fair employment practices, including a prohibition against all forms of illegal discrimination and harassment. By providing equal access and fair treatment to all employees on the basis of merit, we ensure not only our employees’ success, but that of the business as well.
- We endeavor to create a workplace for everyone by including perspectives from backgrounds that vary by race, color, ethnicity, social background, religion, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sex, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, and national origin. StandardAero is further committed to observing all applicable labor and employment laws wherever we operate.
- What is the company culture?
- At StandardAero, we take immense pride in reaching for and attaining best-in-class status for our company and our workforce. With more than 110 years in business, our culture of strong teamwork and sense of camaraderie has helped us to succeed – while treating each other with dignity, like family, and appreciating our differences.
- We are a successful, stable company, known for providing outstanding service.
- We collaborate with and respect each other.
- Our leaders support and encourage every employee to apply personal influence to continuously improve the workplace.
- What does career progression look like at your company?
- Many folks in leadership roles at our sites started as technicians and have worked their way up in the organization.
- What personal development or training opportunities does StandardAero have?
- What do you love about working for StandardAero?
- It’s an environment of mutual respect and understanding that everyone is working collaboratively toward a common goal of providing the best quality and service.
- There’s a feeling of leadership support and empowerment as opposed to micromanaging.
- Long tenured employees that are very willing to share their knowledge.
- Overall passion for working in the Aviation/Aerospace industry
- Professional, safe, and healthy work environment
- Rich company history and outstanding reputation and performance with customers and the industry
- Do what we say we’re going to do, always with integrity, admitting to and owning any mistakes and modestly celebrating our successes
- Strong overall brand in our marketplace
- All the capabilities of a large company but without the bureaucracy that can prevent progress or
- What kind of positions are you hiring for? ( we will share the list of open opportunities with the campus team to speak to our open roles)
- Do you hire international students?
- Do you offer sponsorship?
- Do to the nature of our work, many of our sites require employees have US Person status.
- Are you hiring only for positions in town or do you have openings in other cities too?
- We have a wide range of positions available at many of our locations. All external opportunities can be found on our career site (StandardAeroCareers.com)
- How long does the hiring process take? What does it consist of? –
- ( for strongly recommended) We will be conducting onsite interviews tomorrow on campus for some of our open roles. Do you have availability to meet with us for an interview tomorrow? If yes/ what times work best for you? If no/ we can schedule a virtual follow up interview for later this week. Please let me know what dates/times work best for us to schedule a follow up interview?
- ( for recommended) After the career fair today, we will be sharing the resumes with our hiring managers who currently have open roles that may be a potential fit for your experience. If we are able to align you with a role the next step would be to speak with the hiring manager. One of our recruiters will reach out to you to schedule the interview with the hiring manager. If ultimately you are a fit for the role, the next step would be a verbal offer, then you would receive a written offer within 48 hours. The process generally takes about 2 weeks.
- ( for do not recommend) Our team will be reviewing all of the resumes from the event throughout the week and sharing any potential candidates with the hiring managers for review. In the meantime, we strongly suggest you visit our careers page and apply to any roles that you are interested in.
- How can I improve my chances of being hired?
- To help stand out during your interview I would recommend researching the company and coming prepared to your interview with questions. LinkedIn and our website are a great place to start.